Sunday, June 22, 2008

Twas the Night Before..........


Twas the night before "Operation Paris," when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring (except me, who was up wrapping Paris' new toy mouse).

On ahead to London I had gone, and while I dreaded the separation,

I had checked Paris into Camp Cat Safari, without any hesitation.


The pet moving team were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of Abyssinians danced in their heads.

But me, with my eyes wide open, I sat awake in my chair,

In the hopes that Paris soon would be there.

When across the big pond, there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to my computer I flew like a flash,

Clicked open my email, and downloaded fast!

When what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But my Pet Movers counselor, with a list for all to hear!

More rapid than eagles, my friends and helpers came,

As she whistled and shouted, and called them by name!

Now Linda, now Andre, ready the crate and take Paris to the vet!

Now Gordon, now Sue, get Paris on the Continental jet!

From San Franciso to Atlanta, into action they sprang,

"We must get Paris home to Terry," they harmoniously sang!


As word of his check-in reached me in London,

"Could this really be happening?" I found myself wonderin'.

As I tracked his flight throughout the night,

I found myself believing "you know, this just might!"

With excitement, I drove to the Animal Reception Center,

And to my amazement, there was my beloved Paris, in his pet carrier!

A few simple signatures was all that it took,

Paris had sailed right through customs, with not so much as a second look!


With Paris all settled in his new London flat,

To my friends and team of helpers, I took off my hat.

"Operation Get Paris to London" was a tremendous success to my delight-

Many thanks and best wishes to all, and to all a good night!


No comments: